Sunday, April 11, 2010

lalala....



This happy little fellow was at the auction last night, and is exactly how I am at the moment. Grinning wildly, blocking out everything so I can focus- lalala, gotta do it, almost over. 12 days....just 12 days left to get everything finished. All three classes. My National Boards. plus school of course, and the starter-store, one school art show and a sprinkling of auctions. (the auctions are the fun part- I can relax, and while we are set up selling stuff I work work work on school things....my poor students are neglected tho)

In a perfect world I could have the next 12 days off school to focus- but reality is I would probably procrastinate still and be all last minute. Having to get everything done NOW is what keeps me on the straight and narrow. It's like swimming laps or giving birth- focus, focus, focus- come up for air, breathe, then dive back in. The presentation on Monday went well, even though I didn't win (I *hate* not winning, but it's ok) and the thesis defense/review on Friday went well also- thing is, my digital stuff on the web is *so much* better than the physical print outs (in my opinion, the professors liked some of the printouts also-) and everyone loved the altered books. I do to- they are my best work, I think- though I love the narrative web site- when it is finished (12 Days!) I will post the link so you can check it out...... anyhoo, learning curves ahead. Other good things is that Dr. Arnold and Dr. Quinn both want to write articles with me (yay!) and Trish is trying to get them to hire me as an adjunct (part-time on line) professor for art appreciation. That would rock. I'm excited about this-

But I have been neglecting the blog, my family and friends again. I'm sorry- but I have to take a hiatus from writing everyday until this is over. Today I need the break- speaking of which, the poor manz has been working constantly for weeks without a day off. That's the down side of sunny weather- he has been either working on Ms. Ann's houses (reflooring) or helping his dad with Merrel's stuff, selling our stuff, refinishing, yardening, plus all the house chores- and he is off already this morning to work at the auction house and prepping our things to sell. And good natured through all of this (needs to be a saint to work for Ms. Ann.... it's like working for the world's angriest black woman with the world's most golden grill) and he has been putting up with me working all the time, getting up at weird hours and living in my bubble. He knows when I need a stress-reliever cookie, or some breakfast, or a break. He makes sure I eat right, go to bed and get outside some... have some fun...remember to pet the doggs and kitty, do all the things I need to do to be well. I am grateful that he takes good care of me- even when I am oblivious to the world.

It's been a whole year now that we have lived together, and I couldn't be happier~ it's a good thing.

Love you all- bear with me, soon I will be back on the blog-habit!

No comments: