Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mr. Green Jeans


Ok. The jeans aren't green, but the thumb is (and he does have the worlds oldes pair of green work-pants)... anyway, this was last Saturday out at Duplin nursery. We had been driving around, running errands, and we saw the Dad, who had just been out to the nursery to get pollinators for his grape vines. He mentioned the flowers....and off we went!
I loved it, not just because of the pretties, but because it smelled like the Flower Barn back in Johnstown- I used to love to go to the Flower Barn, and I was especially fond of the green houses because they had fountains in them. I've never seen or heard of that again- just another weird Johnstown thing- but I remember one had koi fish, and the other was larger and had some sort of naked angel thing. It was mysterious and green and warm and smelled like dirt and growing- loved it.
Anyway, no inside fountains at Duplin, but greenhouse after greenhouse of goodies. We picked geraniums for the planters (they are the blooming ones in the wagon) portulaca in a hanging basket, a few replacement lantanas(ours didn't make it through the winter...at least they still look kinda dead) some begonias, something that spreads and vines and is brightly colored for the flowerboxes (can't remember the name of it) and a licorice plant that I just *had* to have because I've never seen one before. So all the plants are here, watered faithfully every day, waiting to be planted- the week got incredibly busy very quickly (no end in sight either).... The manz was off everyday working with his Dad cleaning out the barns and stuff, and helping Mr. Wells, selling our furniture stuff on Thursday and today (even as I write) then has to do some work for Ms. Ann...busy, busy, busy manz. Not a day off in ages, and not a one in sight. (unless you count tomorrow, but that is Easter- family time and planting of flowers) ..... I don't know where my time went. I messed about cleaning up some of the stuff from the barns, but that didn't take much time.... and it took me forever to grade the papers/projects for college....I've been making art for my thesis, but it has been slower than normal and I am way behind...and Friday is the day. So, yesterday I was stressed out and scared to death , today I spent the morning with the manz and doing journal work- now I am 'fixin to' get busy with the photoshop. (I did not eat 2 peanut butter cookies. I swear. They spontaneously vanished- it just happened to be in the vicinity of my mouth....) Stress. dieting. bleah. blah. bleah. Anyhoo, still freaking out a bit, but basically just going to put the 'nose to the grindstone' (ouch) and get crackin. I WILL make this happen.

No comments: