Saturday, June 11, 2011

Graduation Day!

Turrello with flowers~
It's graduation day- and an estate auction day- it's 5 am and Charles is already gone off to the auction, I've had to many cups of coffee, and all the animals are wondering why we are up and about so very early on a Saturday.  Usually we are up early on Saturdays- it's a roadshow day- but today it is extra early and we are not loading Esmeralda up with treasures.  I fell off the face of the world for the last week plus again- it all started with cleaning the studio at school.  I had the *students* move clay and clean out that room...but I breathed in some dust, which kicked up the claylung problem, and then I caught a right nasty bug from yet another kid.  So- while I haven't missed any school, since that is forbidden at the end of the year- I've been sick again, sleeping constantly and drowning my sorrows in nyquil.  It's finally getting better though, which is good- I have started teaching at NCVPS (the virtual public school) and that is demanding.  

It doesn't seem like teaching online would be demanding, but it is- much more so than teaching for ECU was.  The virtual high school has much higher expectations for teachers and interaction, a quicker turnover time for grades and I'm teaching a subject (digital photography) that I haven't taught before- so I'm trying to do assignments right along with the kids.  At least that is my plan, along with losing weight, fixing up the house and yarden, and a kabillion other things for the summer.  Taking a break from college classes though- the financial aid didn't work out for summer and truth be told, I'm glad.  I don't know how I would of managed the course work these past few weeks- I didn't manage much of anything.  Thankgod for the manz.... taking care of me and keeping me in beautiful flowers and nyquil.

The glads are really lovely this summer- and Turrello is obsessed with them- he loves to smell them, rub his head in them, looks longingly up at the vase... I have never seen a cat who loves flowers the way he does.  He loves to smell other things as well- but he will go to the flowers first, every time.  I'm thinking in another life he must of been an eccentric gentleman, perhaps an impressionist painter like Monet- he is so fond of flowers, watercolor paint and spice cookies.  Yet he is not a girly cat at all- (Max is our girly girl.... btw, another 200 vet visit, he has stopped itching so much but still is all naked-mole-rat looking, which is not a good look for a girly girl).

mmmm....I have to get started on my school work, but I'm enjoying this morning- the writing, the coffee, the sheets tumbling around in the washer.... just taking my time to get to the day.  It's a good thing.

No comments: