Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Got Gas?


It's July~ these are some old gas pumps that sold at Angel's Auctions Saturday.  We went, collected up some good buys- sofas, nichol and stone dining chairs, lacquered chairs, nice little server-buffet thing, outdoor tables, 18 canvas for me to paint.......a few other odds and ends.  Lots of stuff to sell for just over $100.00 (we already sold one sofa and made $75.00 of it back~) Things were cheap because the auction was packed- mainly collectors that were there for the gas pumps and big collectible old gas/service station signs. The auction started at 6 and went till 12:30- we hung onto the bitter end which is when we happily scooped up lots of the good things.  yay!  

Thing is though that the only reason we could go was that our auction was cancelled for the evening.  Jerry, the fellow who worked the computer registration with his wife, died from cancer- turns out, he was also a top notch basketball coach and the athletic director for a local school (never knew that- we all have secret lives outside the auction).  We went to the viewing yesterday evening, after going out to Charle's sisters for turkey burgers (which are the cause of horrendous gas)....

Anyhoo, in addition to all that, the wildfires are still burning- some days are smoky, some not so much.  I have developed a phantom smell- I will suddenly smell gasoline very strongly- no one else will- but I smell it so strong that sometimes my eyes tear up and once it woke me up...I actually got out of bed and checked all around to make sure that nothing was split, burning, or whatever.  Strangest thing.  It will go away for a bit, then come back strong as all get out.

The summer is flying by- I have a ginormous wedding painting to get done, the house is only partly organized (I'm not even going to talk about the outside), Grendel and I are going to the games this week up at Melissa's for his birthday (the manz refuses to budge.)  He happily acknowledges the need for 'girl time' which also translates into 'free man' time.  Visions of recliners and ice cream on demand in his head, no doubt. (He has been champ at helping me on my diet by limiting his consumption of ice cream until I am asleep.  This helps because I have no will power at all).  When we get back from the mountains on Sunday, I have to work for DPI Monday-Wednesday next week....then a bit of time before going to Texas.  We really want to go- will take a quick trip, hopefully arriving at Mothers on the 29th and staying until Monday the 1st- At the moment I am squashed between school schedules (and a stupid court case- no worries, just a witness, but I have to be in court on the 27th.) ...feeling stressy this morning, no need to, just need to get moving and get things done.  Grace in action and all that.  But I'm smelling gas like crazy, need to bake the manz some cookies but uncertain of my will power, want to clean the studio (but actually want magic faeries to come and clean it for me)......so instead I took a nap, got on the phone with ECU to continue to hammer out my financial aid mess for Fall, had some popcorn and watched Horders updates, which is rather depressing.  (I usually get all inspired by Hoarders to clean out and toss out stuff....but this one they went back 2 years later for updates- most people had returned to their hoarding ways....) and I really, really, really want to dye my hair.  It hasn't been done in months, but I am to cheap to go to a salon- but I want a salon dye job.  I want it dyed really well for once...it usually is a bit blotchy when I do it.  Maybe I'll sell another painting or something~ one can hope!

No comments: