Friday, July 15, 2011

What makes me happy~

my new boots and dress- thanks miss ball!

Things that make me happy: my new pink boots, singing in the car, manz-made breakfasts,  blue-and-brown, organization, summer, reading a good book, writing (I don't do enough writing for myself!), 'bear'-hugs, thinking, getting up early, the beach, photographing odd things, being best at something, painting what I want to instead of what I have to, coffee, Mexican icecream, the manz, good tv, accomplishing things that are difficult, money (yes, I'm that shallow), the monster, my leather chair, adventures with ms. ball, ceiling fans, when everything is clean, the doggs, a new bathroom, being out in the sunshine, afternoon naps, thunderstorms at night, blender drinks, thermos kits, music and dancing and acting silly, the cat, keeping tabs on the family on facebook, Mother's notes, web surfing, moths, my sketchbook, making art, working hard, payday, learning how to text.

Things that don't make me happy: telephones, bills, money (argh), criticism, feeling fat, photographs of me, unfinished projects, working *all* the time, feeling guilty or suspicious or paranoid (it's all in the way you interpret what people say), rotten potatoes  (nothing like getting a nice baked potato at lunch and cutting it open to find it black and smelly. yuck.  so much for 'free lunch'), car problems, bad smells, envy.

So what is this about?  I am coming to a point of shifting the unhappy to the happy- finding points of transformation.  It's possible- texting and facebook and letters can replace telephones (I can't hear worth crap, so adapt!), money can be managed relieving bills and creating savings- I am determined to pay off the last of the bills this fall (not counting student loans and maintenance bills- just outstanding depts on cars, computers and the never-ending-vet-bill-of-doom), eat right/ move and remember that I don't feel fat if I don't eat fat (yep, it works).  Learn to love the way I look now instead of longing for how I looked years ago.  Not that I was happy with that at the time...but wait till I get to 100!  I'll think I was one hot mama at 47!  Remember my old motto 'love all, trust a few' (Shakespeare himself said that- it runs true, and it's foolish to not remember it).  If life gives you a rotten spud, toss it in the trash and know that something better will come along later.  No great loss unless you try to keep it, eat it or fuss about it- all of that is a waste of time and energy.  Car problems? fix them or forget them. (fix the engine and windows, forget about the ac for now)...
envy? someone will always have bigger-better-faster-more. Get over it.

Basically, I'm happy, easy going, cheerful.  I work hard and work well.  I get stressed out about the wrong things (according to the manz), which can mostly be resolved by remembering these simple laws of being:

1.  Love all, trust a few.  
2.  If something bothers you, do something about it yourself.  Don't wait on others to do it for you- it won't get done, hon.
3.  Work to your best ability as cheerfully as possible.  
4.  Pay it forward.

Let's have a good day, ok?

No comments: