Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Boots


The manz boots. His philosophy is "I like what I like and I stick to it"... if he is as loyal to me as he is to these boots, I know he will be around for a billion years. (and yep, he is that loyal- I know it!)

I'm not sure how long he has had these boots, but they've seen many a road and adventure, I am sure. They are Timberlins (? timberlands? the kind with the tree on the side) and are worn to the stubs. The sole is coming off, there are holes in the leather, but they remain the first choice of the day- they are comfortable, still serviceable (kinda) and he 'likes what he likes'.

Now, lest you think I am neglecting the manz, he does have a brand new pair of boots- not the Timber kind (they have jumped in price since becoming a fashion statement for rappers- go figure) but a perfectly good pair of Craftsman's from Sears. It took some hunting, but they meet all the man requirements- nubuck leather (check), no steel toe (check), not waterproof (check)... that would seem easy, but it is near impossible to find that specific combination. A few weeks ago when Melissa was down- actually the night I got engaged- we went on the great boot hunt in Wilmington. They have slept safely in their box ever since.

Now, I'm not fussing- I know they will be there when he needs them someday, just like he is there whenever I need him. Right now I am home from school with a nasty nasty cold (hopefully not the swine flu- not that I would mind a few days at home, but my kids are between projects and I do have mercy for the subs...the kids can only take so much bookwork in art class before they rebel)... anyway, he is busy keeping me safe and well with long naps, orange juice and bananas, and pumpkin ice cream. I am just moseying around in a nyquil induced haze, kinda paying attention to things then drifting off to sleep for hours, writing long nonsensical emails trying to register for spring classes, looking for this picture of a skeleton key that I *know* is on the computer somewhere, but which is successfully hiding. (I take lots and lots of pictures- I just sifted through several hundred looking for this key- or any key. I take pictures of keys all the time and I just wish I knew where they went!)
Anyway, he just came home from work with the said pumpkin ice cream, and that is exactly what I want for dinner. Cold. cold is good....mmmm.....loves the man, he's a wonder.

No comments: