Saturday, November 7, 2009

CatNapping


This is how the manz watches TV. Since Torello is grown enough to have the run of the house (kinda), and Max is stinky enough to be banished from the chair (until bath time), Torello has taken over Manz-lap. He happily perches on the chair and leans over to help me paint, or draw, or sew (he likes painting the best) but when he is all worn out there is nothing like a nice long nap on the manz lap.

We are normally early-to-bed people... nine o'clock finds us yawning, 5:30 finds us bright-eyed and having coffee on the porch (except now it is chilly). This past week though I was flat down with the flu- slept all day Tuesday, went to school Wednesday and Thursday, slept all day Friday after I got home from the Dr's. (they took my head bump off and froze my wart- a fun filled experience all around. So now I am uber-attractive with a big sore spot on my head..can't wash hair until Monday, a nasty blister where the wart was frozen - don't let them lie to you, it HURTS!- and a scruffy bright red cold-nose)...
anyway, last night I finally started feeling better and was wakeful. The movie was playing, I was working on my thesis surrounded by books and evie, chattering away to the manz when I realised that a: it was past 10, b: manz and cat were sound asleep, c: there was this loud combination of snoring and purring that I somehow didn't hear over the TV and my own chattering..... I sushed them on to bed, but I couldn't sleep and ended up working until 2. Felt good, and this morning I am feeling much better (except the head bump is hurting).

All morning this morning we have been making stuff, I've been gluing beads onto one of my sculptures (note: the smell of E6000 does not improve headbump whining) and manz has been shaping vinyl records, creating bowls and flowers and figuring out how to make curls and twists stay when the record is being heated. I tell him he is as much as an artist as I am, but he doesn't believe me- but of course I'm right, he just doesn't know it yet.

No comments: