Saturday, December 5, 2009

Painting~



Part of a really bigish picture that I have been painting on all day- taking a blog break, then right back to work. Of course I have waited until the last minute, of course it is due next Saturday, of course I am getting married (YAY) next Saturday.....have a house to clean, shopping to do, not to mention finals for ECU, grading board posts and- oh yeah- my job.

Anyway, I forget how much I love to paint and how horrible I am at deadlines. and commissions. worry worry worry especially when people have to resemble reality, everyone is going to see it and be judging it (and hopefully not throwing stones at the artist), I have to make deadline (I always do, but that sometimes means keeping odd hours and working without end).... argh. WHY do I do this to myself??? Right now when I want to "relax and enjoy the wedding thing" I am flogging myself over this painting. Oh well, no cure for it except to suck it up and get it done, hon.

The wedding is only a week away! Actually, this time next week I am expecting to be clinging to the ceiling in anticipation- I am so excited! not to mention happy, thrilled and several other things (including thirsty. I am always thirsty lately- blaming it on heating.) Sorry about fussing (whining or whatever about this painting) ...I totally take responsibility for starting it late, but I have to vent somewhere.... and I'm not in a bad mood, actually I'm quite giddy. Which makes life interesting~

The manz is working so hard- of course he has a kabillion job-things to do, plus he is knocking out the living room floor, doing the bulk of the home-chores and decorating like mad for Christmas (the yard glows at night! lovely, bright, fun)....

Deep breath. This is our forever- I am so excited, want to be a good wife, do a good job, keep a happy home for our little family. My fingers are crossed to wish us luck, for everyone can use some. (and wouldn't winning the lottery be nice for a wedding present? of course, I still have to get this painting done, but hey~ )

No comments: