Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snow Bears






It's pouring down rain, and the man is outside lighting the latest bunch of Christmas lights- all along the eves of the house, up in the dogwood tree. They shine so warmly through the rain and fog- the house is cozy, smelling of crockpot food and potatoes. It's good to be home.




He retrieved all of his treasures from storage- boxes and boxes of bears, tubs of ornaments, a big tree and lots of lights. Deep inside all of this he found the bear snowglobe- he told me about this snowglobe long before we started dating at the first Christmas auction I ever went to. (Little did I dream that I would marry the snowglobe guy! I thought he was flirting with Melissa not me...sometimes I can be oblivious)




Anyway, it is a treasure. Bears and a little train that goes around the inside (look close, you can see the locomotive), it plays music and is all sparkly. The yarden is sparkly to- the manger is glowing, and if you look close in the background, you can see the white tree on the porch. Comfortable and festive, homey and fun and welcoming the season. It makes me happy that he is so excited about Christmas (and the Wedding!) We both go around alternating between glowing happy and worrying about punch (to punch or not to punch? I vote no- it's messy. And I have no clue how much to make, and I'd rather not worry about it- canned drinks make everyone happy), where to put the cake table and why the preacher hasn't called. (argh! but tis ok, if he backs out, we'll think of something...) But right now I have a heap of work due for college tomorrow (I hate deadlines. Not good at them at all) and I intend to 'cozy in' with my family, indulge in some crockpot food and watch the rain. I want nothing more in the world than to be right here, right now.


No comments: