Thursday, December 31, 2009

turn of the year


It is the end of the year, and we are home safe... time to say good bye, recoup and begin again. Transition.
It is fitting that the year ends with the excess of Christmas- lights, feasting, gifts- time off and visits. Abundance, then movement into the 'clean' season... when all of the holidays are packed away, everything seems simpler, cleaner, clear and it's easier to be determined. I never minded packing away Christmas for that reason- and for years it has been my tradition to pack it away on New Years Eve, ready for a fresh start.
Today is gray and wet, winter in the south. It's not that terribly cold, though it is supposed to become so tomorrow. It's just a soft slow day where I'm drifting from one thing to another. The manz is back from the auction house, is messing about with lightbulbs (piggytail lights he calls them) and other manz-type-chores. I'm writing, thinking about making coffee- I'm awake but feel like I'm dreaming this last of the year away. That's ok, it's a good day for it. Happy New Year's everyone- tomorrow we start afresh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to Mr and MRS Owens!
BS