Saturday, June 19, 2010

Coco-joe


Coco looking handsome after having his nails done.... (Joe isn't really part of his name, just a name I have for him, coconojoe) Coco goes everywhere with Charles's dad... in the truck, on the tractor, to the bank, to the stockyards, to the auction, to Penderlea... He is a busy little dogg and everyone knows him.
It's been a busy week, today is a sale day for us and the Blueberry Festival- we are not doing it this year, but we are going to go check it out this afternoon and talk to our friends that are set up... We set up Thursday, did ok- yesterday I had my screen test for Lumina and passed! SO summer has turned into a working summer after all... but it is mostly at home, I don't start filming until after July 4th. I can't remember if I said anything about Lumina before, so briefly it is an international online school that I am doing contract work teaching for (high school art). I'm not giving up my day job (NO WAY) but it's a nice bit of extra money and will help with my transition into online teaching. And the program is good karma- Lumina provides K-12 education to refugees, orphans and indigenous kids in third world countries. So what happens is I write (adapt) my lessons, they film me teaching in the studio, then it is transmitted to the school sites. A facilitator/ director is at the site, and they play the video, do translating if needed and do all the hands-on instruction. The first schools are set in Malaysia, with other sites opening in other areas.... it will be challenging and interesting and.... extra money is a good thing.
So, in celebration, the Manz made mansketti last night and garlic bread, my favorite food in the world (Mansketti) and we watched Carnivale.... mmmm.... summer....

No comments: