Monday, June 14, 2010

Pepper Sprout


This is Houston, the Pepper-sprout, who is a month old yesterday. He is Pepper and Liz's boy, our god baby- I got to hold on to him lots at the auction Saturday. I miss babies, but no more for me- a Grendel is enough! (and wonderful)
Still and all, the manz and I sometimes imagine that if we had met and married many moons ago, we would have a pack of wild curly haired red-heads to add to the mix. Tis ok to wait on the someday grand babies (not someday soon Grendel please!) and in the meantime enjoy the little ones around us.
Today we went to Uncle Willie's funeral- he was 87, one of the oldest members of the Well's family. It was a long Southern service, with a good dose of sermonizing (off on a tangent that had nothing to do with Willie) then the burial in 100 degree heat. It was well attended, and we did not go to the feasting because I had intentions of going on to school...instead I took a nap and worked at home. I'll have to make up a day, but that's ok. It would be nice to be like Uncle Willie- he seemed to be very well loved and healthy up until the end- he started feeling off while gardening, something he loved and was well known for. It wasn't but a few hours after that he was gone- and that is a way I wouldn't mind going. (not gardening tho- no good at gardening at all) but doing something I love right up until the end. Reading or writing or making things or.... probably... taking a nap. Don't worry, I shan't be caught while cooking or cleaning!
So now it is evening and the manz is home from work and good deeds, boy and I are home from a trip to Wal-mart for essentials (dog food, an office chair and ice cream of various sorts- mine is respectfully sugar-free fudge bars while the fellows wallow in the good stuff).

No comments: