Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love Letters~



Welcome to February, the love month.  It's time for heart shaped cards and roses, Valentine boxes and Washington cherries.  It's time for love letters.  My father was a great romantic- he had all the gestures down pat- the beautiful flowers, boxes of chocolate covered carmels, dinners out or made lovely at home.  Singing around the house, planting a garden, watching the birds.  But the loveliest thing of all was the notes he left mother every day under her coffee cup.  Just little things- the weather, letting the dog out, the plans for the day- along with words of love and beauty and devotion.  Romance.

I am lucky enough to have that to- a manz who sings, who brings me the treats that I love best- and knows exactly what they are. Who doesn't mind when I eat the last bite of cake, or act silly, or wear my hair all up in "Helga Buns".  Who calls me every day as soon as the last bell rings at school, who makes breakfast and makes sure the bed is turned on and warm on a winters night. 

Everyone has the potential for romance, and everyone shows it in different ways.  Be it roses or scissors, it's the time to love and be loved- and to let everyone know how lucky you are.

No comments: