Saturday, February 12, 2011

Perserverance

My friend Millie is sick.  She has had lymphoma for a long time, but it was dormant and now it's back.  Hopefully, after all of the chemo it will go into remission and she will be ok.  Myron (who I work with at DPI) has it- he had a bone marrow transplant last year and is much better, so I have hopes....

Life is short, you know.  Life is short and sometimes it sucks, and sometimes things are hard and unfair.  I am angry at whoever stole money from Mother, I am sad that my friend is sick, I am worried about a girl at school who has a seriously psycho exboyfriend (yes, it's been reported, but still- ) I worry about the manz and his back and him hurting so much- but all I can do is try to make things better- I love him dearly and he doesn't complain but I can tell he is miserable.

There is so much that I want to take care of- I'm a mother hen at heart- but I can't.  I can't fix everything, or even a few things.  And, as the manz so wisely reminds me, things can't be fixed by worrying about them. But I have to do something, and what I do is try to live as loud and as strong and as fast as I can.  Not in a party-all-night Lindsey Lohan way, but in a "I'm going to make a difference somehow way".  I'm here and it is my job to learn and teach and laugh and cry and make as much art as possible and write down as many words as I can. To hold on to everything I have, to my family and friends, my beloved, my child, myself.  It is our business to live the life we are given- if we stall ourselves on regrets and I'm sorrys and what might of beens- well, that is not doing our job.  And I always do my job.  And I want to live forever.

No comments: