Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spring in progress!

Boots- in progress, first rs painting of year.
Spring Fever!  It is beautiful outside, and warm enough that we had our first Morninglory Roadshow of the season.  It was good timing, because many people mentioned that it was their first time out looking this year- I'm calling it a trial run because we just brought furniture (no smalls) that we had on the porch or in the dogg room.  And I woke up late, so we started late, and I had to go back to the house for a barrage of stuff we had forgotten- but it was a beautiful day and we did quite well.  Plus Skippy *finally* came to pick up the bus, so that's over with.  (The bus was an abandoned school bus used for a shed at Merells.  The manz has been trying to get it hauled off for scrap forever....today was the day!).

I started a painting of an old pair of manz-boots, it's not even close to done- I have to get back into the painting groove before I can restore my one-a-roadshow habit.  There was a strong wind, and it kept toppling my canvas over, but it was wonderful to paint outside again, sit in the sun with the manz and a coffee-coke, and talk to all the stoppers by.  Then we went home and I took a looooong nap (while the manz did things like: all the unloading, including my painting stuff, cleaned up around the yard and hauled stuff to the dump, took the truck and trailer back to Dad's, checked on Merrells and a few other chores) so I am guilty of being a sleeping beauty today.  I am so glad that winter is over and outside is possible again!  (even if I claim 'outside bad', I really do love it)



No comments: