Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Confess! Repent! Hellbent!

Satan.


Soooooo....as you know, I have been trying to diet.  Unsuspectingly for some reason even though I have stayed under 1500 calories per day for most of summer, have not had fast food, ice cream, soda, beer, Mexican bakery, Chinese, or any of the other thousands of food items I lust after.  I have eaten bran every morning.  and yogurt.  I live on salads, the occasional salad sandwich, lots of pickles.  I even drink my coffee black (ultimate sacrifice).   For a big treat, I eat a 100 cal bag of popcorn...and still......

What happened, my personal train wreck, is that it is the end of summer.  I had to work yesterday, have to work tomorrow and Friday at school, and do the roadshow Thursday and Saturday.  Facing into the long tunnel of constant work I am pushing to get the house all clean and organized before I have to be at school everyday (where my teaching schedule for Fall is all screwed up- 4 preps, with planning during lunch when I have endless duties.  Not a happy camper, but a camper none-the-less).  So anyway, manz had to be at work early this morning for the day, and I thought giddily, 'Yay!  Cleaning day!' and started to get to work.  But then.... out of nowhere came this Mocha Mudslide.  Well, out of the freezer.  Manz asked for ice cream the last time I went to the store- his favorite is chocolate, plain chocolate, which they were out of.  I substituted mocha thinking coffee + chocolate ribbon of goodness = ok substitution.  I didn't know- I swear- that it had chewy brownie bits in it.   He had like two bites, then said, "well, it's ok.  It's got something in it.  I haven't tried it with peanut butter yet...that might help."   and put it in the freezer where it has lurked for days and days...... So, this morning I thought- in a passing weak moment- let me see how bad it is.  Just one quick bite before cleaning.  Yeah.  Addict.

15 minutes later I had eaten the WHOLE CARTON!  I was so cold I had to put a sweater on (it's like 100 outside)....but is my tummy upset?  no, of course not.  I could eat a horse and have room for dessert.  I am a true food addict, and any- any touch of temptation leads me into a full out blow out.  There is no such thing as moderation in my world.... only cutting it out 'cold turkey' works.

hum..... I wonder how cold turkey ice cream would taste?  I don't know, but I bet sweet potato pie ice cream- with toasted marshmallow bits- would be awesome....see?  There I go again!  Addict!


No comments: