Thursday, August 9, 2012

Waiting for the good things~


Today is beautiful- not hot, the sun is shinning, and one of my morning glories is actually blooming!  I planted *tons* of morning glory and moon flower seeds this spring.... they grow wild all over everyone's fields and beside the road, so I was expecting them to take off.  I waited, and waited- there would be a hint of a leaf or two, the start of the vine, then something would come along and eat it, or it would just vanish.  No flowers, no growth, even though everything else in the yarden is growing out of control (literally- ).  Over the past few weeks, while the rest of the country has been all dried up and droughtish, we have been drenched. Rain daily- sometimes just a hard shower, usually a long soaking, which is a good thing.  Everything is wet and deeply green, mushrooms everywhere, and then suddenly today the sun is out and there is the first morning glory, huge and purple and wonderful.  I take it as a sign of wonder and good things!

I am feeling like working today- another good thing- and am excited and ready to focus.  Yesterday I talked with Dr. Mike (who I haven't seen since before Texas trip) and that went well- he is going to refer me to a different primary care physician who is a bit more keyed in on psych/sleep issues.  Even though it is summer, and relatively stress-free, I am still sleeping quite a bit and get very confusseled if I don't take my medication- and we are having a time of it trying to get it to be consistent through the day, rather than peak/crash.  That is ok during the summer when I have the leisure to nap-at-will, but school starts in a week and I have to be stabilized and on mark then.  I have a whole new understanding of how tricky it is for parents with kids that have ADD- and how much the medication really makes a difference.  It's like day and night, seriously.

After Dr. Mike I picked up Grendel and we went and hung out at World Market, where we mainly stayed in our two favorite sections: candy and beer.   The choices for the day were Mango licorice for him, and he treated me to 1/2 a 6 pack of beer- provided we each chose things we haven't tried before.  My choices were: coconut, honey basil and oyster (so far I drank the coconut, and it was quite good- dark but not to much, toasty, and you could taste the coconut).  He chose honey basil, Viru  (which has an awesome strange bottle and fantastic website), and something else that I don't remember. I bought a roll of printed paper (India style design, with elephants- trunks happily upraised) for school (it was on sale and way cooler than the typical bulletin board paper with crayons, apples and 123) ... and if I get the Raleigh job I will use it for something else creative down the line.  Anyway, we had fun, then I came home to delightful leftover mansketti, the coconut beer and several episodes of T-n-T while sewing on my small intestine.  (not the real one- one of the felt anatomies).  

Manz was out all night- they loved his look, used him in a street scene (he was right beside Jennifer A.'s car, so hopefully he will have screen time)... then he ended up staying all night but they didn't get to the other scene.  Fingers crossed that means a call back- last night only 5 of them ended up staying, and the holding area was a Russian bar downtown (I didn't know that Wilmington had a Russian bar. huh.)... they spent the night talking, and one of the fellows does ghost tours so hopefully soon we are going to have a ghost-tour date night  (I'm thinking Front Street Brewery and then Ghost Tour, or vice versa)... and he had a good time over all.  Plus getting paid for providing the car, even though they didn't use it (we think- just parked it).

So today- it's 10 already!- I am going to do some work, mail the blogs off to Mother, be mouse-quiet while he sleeps... and maybe go out and enjoy the sunshine in a bit if the mosquitoes aren't to bad. It's a lovely day and I intend to make the most of it!

No comments: