Thursday, August 16, 2012

Whose got the look?


Apparently Mr. Owens does!  He just got booked yesterday for another filming- this time for a tv series 'Revolution'.  Which is a good thing, because while now it is for a couple of weeks it is ongoing so - you never know.  And this is my (very unprofessional) photo- but I like it- the hair should be tided up, eyes intensified, and some air brushing, then he could look like this:
               

"Cupcake Owens"

(It says 'trial' because I was using trial software to edit the photo... it is a program used for glamour shots).  Actually, he is looking a bit biblical there- in the 'airbrushed Jesus' sense, when the real biblical guys probably looked more like the real Mr. Owens.    Needless to say, I am absurdly proud of my star, and have been collecting all sorts of 'stage handler' tips from watching endless episodes of "Toddlers and Tiaras"  (and "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"- for what not to do).   So here abouts it's been all 'cupcake hands and pretty feet' (I am actually trying to teach Max 'pretty feet' so he can stretch out and show off his fluffy, fluffy paws).  Reminds me of back in the day when I attended White Gloves and Party Manners (still have the books!) and learned how to curtsy, pivot and use the right fork.  Training sticks, because I still *know* all of that though it has been awhile since I've been called on to curtsy.

As for me, no news on the job yet- I did my 'week-after follow up' letter yesterday (I have been reading all the interview advice available on the web!)- but we will see what we see.  I've done my best- and now back to the reality of school.  Today is my first day, not at my school, but at the resource center where I will spend two days on 'lockdown' developing training materials for teachers.  I'm rather excited because this is what I love to do best- come up with presentations and ideas in a nice quiet room (made extra quiet by wearing my magic headphones.  Melissa taught me the trick of headphones = cloak of invisibility because everyone assumes you are 'in the zone' and doesn't interrupt you with social chat or questions of the 'how do you turn on this computer again?' nature.  It's magic.) So...I'm excited about that.  It will be hard to say goodbye to summer though- this is the most relaxed I've been since leaving the beach, and I'm hoping to keep in that groove.  We are starting off right by just taking it a day at a time, and 'not eating the whole elephant at once', which is apparently what I like to do with elephants, ice cream, work and everything else. This year, I'm going to nibble.


                                                    

No comments: