Saturday, August 21, 2010

Got da Goat!

I love this goat!  (even though I painted it myself- I'm in love!)  It was one of those magic art moments- I had this square canvas hanging in the kitchen forever, with a half done painting on it by someone else.  While I liked the half done painting, it was time to move along- and I grabbed up this canvas at the spur of the moment this morning.

The other week we had been out to the Barnyard Antique place in Burgaw, and I had taken some photos of their goats- including this fellow.  On another whim, I printed this photo off (along with the usual buildings and tractors) as something to paint today during the roadshow. 

After I painted out the previous picture and did the background colors, the goat just started painting itself!  Seriously, it was like magic- it just took on shape and personality very quickly and in about an hour~ wala!  I kept laughing the whole time I was painting because it was such a silly goat, and because it was so fun to just be out in the sunshine with the manz, relaxing and painting.   Boy is back off to school, my presentation yesterday went well, my room is all set up and I feel FANTASTIC!  It is so nice to be full of energy and ideas and just- relaxed in a way I haven't been for months.  I promise to keep taking it slower- but WOW what a difference feeling good in the body can make.  I feel good enough to..... paint a goat!

No comments: