Monday, May 30, 2011

5 word exam

Grace in progress: photography, ink, digital imaging
Last night- after not one but *two* naps during the day, I wasn't sleepy (surprise, surprise).  The manz had fallen fast asleep while I was watching a horror movie (case 39), he had tummy troubles all day- attempted to clean the porch but it was 2 billion degrees, he was pale as a sheet and I made him go back inside and sit down.  We are supposed to set up to sell today, but I am unmotivated (I should be motivated- selling = money *and* less stuff) but la la la....I'm still feeling lazy.  Anyhoo, last night after my movie I started playing around with photoshop, which I haven't done in ages.  The result (only at a stage 8 save) is above- a combination of a drawing from my sketchbook (I've been doing all these weird abstract figures lately- not usual at all, but relaxing), the picture of the car issue from Thursday, a cranberry Fenton vase from above, and a photo of a mask at auction.  

I really like the silky look and flow of this- and the toned down colors with the blast of pink.  Good contrast.  I am going to experiment more, and as soon as I get some printer ink, print it out on silk.  Then I'm thinking of working embroidery in silk thread and the smallest of glass/pearl beads- it has a waterfall/Geisha look that I want to bring out.  It felt really good to play with a different media- I've been working in my sketchbook like a madwoman, but it's all mainly watercolor and ink (and some crayon yesterday-) and collage.  Outside the sketchbook I've done a ton of bread-n-butter type painting for Springfest and the huge prom panels (which I love, btw, will put photos up after I take them- hopefully they survived)...but I'm in the mood for some diversity of art.

And now it is 6:39, and I suppose I will once again be responsible and wake up the husband, go sell things.  I forgot my paints at school, so will have to settle for something else...and I need new ideas (stories) for projects.  Projects that are doable (for some reason I've been dreaming of the abandoned mills at Johnstown- not sure if they even exist anymore, but I want to go photograph them, and Grandview, the Arch, other strange places up North).

No comments: