Thursday, May 19, 2011

Springfest or Zombie Apocalypse?

Santa Murete, from my sketchbook
Saturday is going to be either Springfest or the rapture/zombie apocalypse (depending on who you talk to).  I'm not so very worried~ I have a to-do list longer than my arm for the next few days (everything from directing the band, to latin dance practice, to painting various things in hopes of selling them, to senior project night...and, yeah, classes have started at ECU as well so I'm keeping up with the discussion boards.  And due to various maladventures at the same time, we are totally broke.  Like 'no gas money' broke~ but the manz is working today and tomorrow, and will have money for change for springfest, where hopefully everyone will have a sudden wild craving for overpriced tiki owls) ...anyhoo, all part of the job and I know I will magically get everything done, it will all be sparkly and lovely, and then the end of the world will happen and I will be sitting, alone and unraptured, at my booth at springfest with tiki owls for all eternity.  That's ok.  What my plan is, barring the zombie apocalypse scene, is to happily help myself to an unlimited supply of funnel cakes and strawberry lemonade, then go live in one of the nice old houses (after finding a car-with-gas to see if Max and Bear are still around...but all dogs go to heaven, so it will just be me and the cat.  I'm assuming Charles will go, because I think the best of everyone, but it would suit me fine if he stuck around as well).   And I'd go to wal-mart to do the great public service of eating all of the icecream before it melts.

If there is a zombie apocalypse, I'll head to the city where the boy lives- way to many family graveyards in the country- and then onto someplace graveyard-free, like bird island.  I could so do that... wait out eternity on bird island. I'm not to worried about zombies though- I read the handbook long ago, and hey, I've taught a high school 7am class....they are slow moving and easy to fool.

Seriously, I'm not worried.... either way- ZA or rapture, my student loans would be null and void, which would be awesome.  And if nothing happens, well, I'll still have the tiki owls!



No comments: