Friday, July 24, 2009

Ring!



Isn't it beau-ti-ful? This morning I was sitting outside, dutifully reading art history while eating cherries, and the manz comes up with something hidden in his hand.

Now, he had disappeared for a few minutes- I thought he was off doing 'man-stuff' (the bathroom continues to be quite the project. Today it is requiring acquiring hacksaws and soldering irons, pipes, faucets...)...anyway, he says to me, he says "hold out your hand, I have something for you." So the heart is all skip and flutter and he goes to put it on and it doesn't fit.

Then I discover that it nudges apart in the back- only the finest quality found-in-the-neighbors-driveway-bubble-gum-machine-rings nudge apart in the back, you know. The manz has standards! It has a lovely gold-on-plastic finish, the mystic triangle design which imprints quite nicely when smacked against ...... various people who occasionally deserve a royal smacking. (I am still the king you know, even if his two non-big-toe toes are longer- supposedly, according to him, whosoever toes are longer than the big toe rules the roost.... Have *you* heard of this? I haven't heard of this...yet it seems to be the case)

Suppose I'll keep him, big toes, bubble-gum rings and all. (I'm not just saying that so he will turn the water back on. Honest.)

No comments: