Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sid the Turkle



Sid is a striped mud turtle that is now living in our garden, in a make-shift pond made out of a plastic paint tray. We were on an early morning run to Wal-mart for paint and the manz spotted the turtle trying to cross the road. So of course we turned around to save him, and we need a garden turtle...so, now we have a Sid.

Well, for as long as he likes us- he is a young, active fellow and will probably be off to larger ponds in a bit, but at least he shan't be squished by a pig-truck. That's a bad way for a turtle to go-

Working on the house all weekend- pictures coming soon! Laundry room, bathroom and I finally a) put stuff on the studio shelves (well, I made Grendel put books on the shelves so that counts! b) unpacked my suitcase from Texas c) cooked! Yay for cooking! (of course I am trying to diet, so I am not eating everything that I'm cooking, but make treats for fellows regardless).

Kyle is here- he has photos of bear tracks- big bear lurking around his house. If we were there the bear would probably want to come up and dance with the manz or something- he attracts all animals. Kyle calls him Tarzan...

No comments: