Thursday, July 23, 2009

Space Onion



It's one of those days. A get-out-of-bed-on-the-wrong-side-day. A day where production does not meet ambition and equals frustration. A day where I am totally derailed and just clatter off the tracks... where even a nap does no good.

All I managed to do today was create this image of a space onion. It's a photoshoped image of a blooming onion, not even particularly clever or anything- and doesn't fit the assignment I was supposed to be working on- but is an oddly reassuring image of the universe... the big bang envisioned as fair food. And everyone knows that 'big bangs' are the result of bloomin onions... no mystery in that.

So, what to do? The boy is sleeping, the doggs outside, the manz should be home from work soon- should I continue to beat myself against this paper? Create cosmic concepts with photoshop? Attempt to clean, hang art, prep dinner? Take another nap? Read? (ugh. design history. I did manage a chapter today, but... it was all about how the first commerical jets were designed with square windows- looked great, but the air pressure caused faults in the corners, which became cracks, which became leaks, which resulted in crashes, which is very depressing. I will forever more make certain that all my travelling windows are rounded)

No comments: