Monday, January 18, 2010

Blanket, and the birthday


This post is late, which seems to be a bad habit of mine lately, but the manz birthday was Saturday. Happy Birthday Manz!
He is not much of a birthday person- he says "it's just another day" but I know he liked all his cards... and I made cookies (the only thing I seem to be able to cook anymore). We went out Friday night for date-night Mexican (hooray for fish tacos!) and then had Domino's Saturday, which was a disaster. The new sauce is to sweet, the pizzas really greasy, and I have had an icky tummy ever since. Which is why I am still awake at this time of night (9pm... so very late.. he is sleeping like a baby under our...)
NEW ELECTRIC BLANKET! It's the red one in the photo. It's our birthday present to us, and is dual control queen size lovely warmness that makes sleeping ever so much cozyier, and less argumentative. Before, I had to have a stack of quilts on the bed to be warm enough, which were to hot and heavy for him. He'd toss them off onto me, and then they would slide down to the floor, and I'd be cold so I'd steal whatever remained of his blankets. Along with my mysterious power to move the mattress all cross ways at night- it's always hanging over one side or the other. We know it's me, because I do the same thing when I take naps.... Anyway, electric blankets are important things, the whole family swears by them... Mother never travels without one, which is an excellent idea. Maybe my tummy will calm down enough that I can crawl back into bed under ours....

No comments: