Sunday, January 3, 2010

Living Room so far


Today is the last day of winter break, and I did work on the living room some. This is the floor plan Charles came up with to fit the love seat and couch- it works great! Before I had them in a 90 degree angle and we had the tree in the corner, but this made the room seem small and boxy. With the sofas on the diagonal the room seems much larger, and there are clear paths for movement.
Uncle Jack is back in his place over the mantel, and we moved the Victrola out of the four door room to where it could be seen. Charles finished the floors before the wedding- they are beautiful- and I like the paint color with the white and the furniture. He is going to build a corner cabinet for behind the love seat- somehow my books multiplied while in storage (suppose they were keeping each other warm) and we need more shelves. It will also give us another place to display treasures. The blue thing beside the couch was a wedding present- we are still not quite sure what it is for- maybe a vase- it's not permanently there, just there.
We need to finish hanging pictures- the botanical prints and maybe one of my things- it is a work in progress.
Tomorrow is back to school, and even though he claims not, I suspect that the manz will enjoy having his days back to himself. I know that the house will stay quite a bit neater when I am not around with my endless drift of art stuff and half-started projects. (I tend to start something, then butterfly off to something else). But it's time to wrap up the semester and start anew.
That's kinda exciting~ but I'm going to miss my naps and lunches.

No comments: