Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sign~


After the 911 laws where streets had to be named, people around here came up with some fairly original names. Of course, there are lots of people names, flower names, trees... then they moved on to fish (our street 'Chubb Road' is named after a fish...not a particularly interesting fish, and I would rather it be named something else, but it will do)... Charles's folks live on Horse Branch, the branch part referring to water, as streams are branches. Then there's a whole trailer park with streets named after dogs. (Deer Dog road etc.)
On the way out to his folks house today to store the manger scene in the barn, we went through Watha. Watha is a tiny town (?)... it was where 'The Secret Life of Bees' was filmed, if you are curious about what a place called Watha might look like. Anyway, there was this street sign "Who Done It Street". There has got to be a story behind this-the road itself leads nowhere but the back of the fire station....
Otherwise, today was a day for moving furniture around the living room until it was settled (Charles's plan- it's on diagonal, photo tomorrow, I like it!) and sorting books. I have way to many books, so I culled out a whole box and a half, mainly Russian history books. (why do I have Russian history books? Good question.) I figure that if he could sort through his bears (his idea, not mine- I wouldn't mind if he kept the whole shebang, and let me tell you the manz has some bears) I could part with a few books. Anyhoo, it will all fit in somehow.

No comments: