Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Spot


This is my spot- we all have a spot... the manz says "go find you a spot" and we all know exactly where to go... the doggs get in their beds, Grendel vanishes to his room, the kitty runs to his room... I curl up in my chair because I know that something good will be appearing soon- tonight it was some manmade chili with hot garlic bread, perfect on a cold night. (we already have a 2 hour delay tomorrow- yay!)
My spot is a messy spot, but it contains all the good things. A 'lovey' blanket, my chair, Evie (the little computer), a book to read, my sketchbooks, paints and other art things, the pretty little lamp and a box of kleenex. (right now sunshine makes me sneeze like crazy for some reason). My spot is right next to his spot (which is much, much more tidy) close enough though that I can lean over and snooze on his shoulder. Funny, I never used to fall asleep in this room all that often, but now I just cuddle up and everything is so warm and cozy that *poof* I'm in dreamland. Then I toddle off to bed....

No comments: