Sunday, January 2, 2011

Messy Nest

Today is the last day of break, so of course I am cleaning my messy nest- something I should of worked on a week ago.  But the manz says "maybe you should of started earlier, but you need your rest- and don't try to do it all today. Take a nap if you want to".  I'm full of day-before-school energy though so I am forging on.

We switched out kitchen tables again- this one is oval, and I like it better than the square one we had last.  Oval just suits the kitchen better.  I covered it with a log cabin quilt- one of my better auction finds.  This quilt was in box lots- just a dollar- it was covered with another fabric.  I ripped the fabric away and revealed this top- soft colors with  the blue and pink in the center.  Cozy and cheerful- I like quilts instead of table cloths, just because they have weight to them, and age, and it's a good display.  (We never eat at the table! yet I insist on having one-).

Today is a good day to clean and straighten and fuss around- it's warmish but rainy, and the manz has been in and out all day with various chores (some for us, then fixing Bobby Lee's sink, then off for a burger).  About the burger- we have the rental car while Traveler is being fixed....which is fine except the rental is all full of the new car smell which makes me nauseated in a flash.  I know other people love that smell, but not me... I had started cleaning yesterday then ran to Walmart for bleach, I was wiped-out carsick when I got home.  Since I have to drive it to work, which is farther away than Walmart, I needed a smell solution.  I dislike air freshers as much as new-car smell, and we had left the windows down....but it was still present.  So I sent the man off for a burger-n-fries with strict instructions to leave the bag in the car overnight- I'll toss the bag in the morning but hopefully the car will smell normalish.  (I know, I know... scent of burger is not for everyone but I'd rather be hungry than queasy!)

No comments: