Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jazzman


Date night! After a long day at school, I come home and dinner is ready (and wonderful!) and the manz has a present for me~ we had seen these funky folk-art guitar things in Myrtle Beach. They were blanks of wood, cut out, painted and covered with stuff... I have been talking about wanting to make one ever since.
Well, the manz not only cut out a blank, but a creative one- a heart shaped guitar with hearts all along the neck- awesome! Here he is playing it- I can't wait to get creative with it- fun, fun, fun.
Then we headed out for the last concert in the park for the summer- a jazz band that was mostly family (mum, dad, three boys plus another fellow that played all the brass) They were fantastic- very smooth and the woman had that kind of voice- resonate and able to go deep or up soft and breathy, the type of music that makes you think of lounges with martini's and high heels... very 'crime story'.
The jazzman here is playing air guitar on his sax- he also played the flute, and the floating sax, which looks like a silver clarinet.... manz sang along to some of the songs (some girl) which makes me happy- I love it when he sings.... going to miss the summer concerts, but I might be able to persuade him to keep singing all year long...

No comments: