Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer Hibernation


It's the last Saturday of summer vacation... I should be at the beach, or out having one last adventure, or at the very least accomplishing the twenty kabillion chores that I must do before school starts for real. (I did turn the washer on today- it's a start)... seriously, not to be to whiny, but the shingles + medicine are kicking my butt. So today I spent in full out hibernation, freezing although it is August, and burrowing into bed. And apparently piling pillows on my head for some reason- Charles took this during one of my endless naps. (we need to have a little chat about me and 'unprepared' pictures!)
He has taken exceptional care of me all day- fixing toast and hamburgers (hold the horns, it's good to go!) and letting me watch silly movies when I am awake (Princess Diaries and Surfer Dude with Matt McC) . I feel vaguely useless- I really do have a million things to do- but I am supposed to rest, rest, rest. and destress. So today is the day for that... tomorrow if need be, but hopefully it will be mostly slept out today. (Manz gotta love me- sleeping beauty I am not....)

No comments: