Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Last day of Summer



Last day of summer- school starts tomorrow. As usual, I've a combination of excited (about the new year, fresh start and all that) and sad (will miss the summer- where did it go?) ... it is also our Walmart's last day..the new super one opens tomorrow, which will be grand. But I'll miss our 'small-mart' with it's quirky leftover stuff, and our paint-aisle-of-love.

So today- what to do? Charles is at work, I should be working on the computer, but I am anxious and edgy and dying to go swimming or something. Haven't been to the beach all summer- have been busy, traveling, occupied with home and school then sick with shingles- and I miss it. Have been dreaming about it constantly for the past few nights, not any beach in particular, but the taste of the water, the feel of the sand, finding the treasures uncovered by waves. It is so much a part of me that my heart hurts without it- I am thinking of going today, but the drive is long, and I am full of nerves, don't know if that would calm them or if just working would calm them. I work to much. We'll see.

No comments: