Monday, October 19, 2009

No Doubt About It~



It is now obvious whose snacks are whose! Couple of vintage 'Charles' tins from the auction Saturday, cleaned them out and lined them to hold man-food. If I don't see it, I'm not as tempted by it...and it's harder to sneak into them (lids stick a bit...which is good. If I can't get into them, the mouses can't either...but right now I am the biggest mouse in this house!)

Homemade chocolate chip cookies in the cookie tin, Bugles and oreo's in the pretzel tin, Reece's minis in the punkin (twizzlers in the bread pan. Twizzlers are ok- few calories there!) and an apple pie on the top shelf in my pretty fireking pieplate. (I have a new addiction to the goldish fire king- I still love plain white best, but this is unusual and somehow happy)

I remember Charle's cookies and pretzels and chips... and other cookies-in-tins that Auntie Lou kept on top of her cabinets (I am thinking specifically of a really hard kind shaped like windmills). Truthfully, I didn't like them much, always seemed a bit dry... but I do love the Christmas butter cookies dipped in hot tea... I've mostly liked homemade cookies over store bought (except Mint Milano's...not that I refuse store cookies... or any cookie)

No comments: