Wednesday, October 14, 2009

That kinda girl~


Rain on the windows, and a lovely gray day- cool outside, fair quiet now at school. It's a half day, the kids are gone (except Neena and Jordan who are painting- they live here, justabout). We have a meeting this afternoon that I would really like to skip- I have class tonight and all my image files kept turning out jumbly which put me in a bit of a foul mood.
But it worked out- I think- so am trying to shift gears. The roses were given to me yesterday by another teacher- she gave them to me rather randomly, not realizing that I just got engaged. So that made it fun. Apparently Food Lion was going to toss them, so she got them free, brought them to school, ran into me and decided to give them to me. Pass it on.
I never thought I was the kinda girl people give flowers to- I remember Daddy always was bringing Mother roses, other flowers, chocolates and lovely romantic things. I never thought I could have that- I thought that was just a Daddy-based anomaly. I'm lucky though, because I have someone now who loves me enough to plant roses, bring home iron and bread and curious delightful things that he finds in odd places- he knows my heart, and that is such a wonder.

No comments: