Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Twins!!

Yesterday was 'Twin' day for homecoming, so Neena and I were twins. Black skirts, black shirts, hair up in chibi buns (she has dyed her hair reddish) and big messy happy art aprons. We got the shoes wrong- she wore chucks and I wore my new combat boots (which are surprisingly comfy even if they are a bit big...but h-e-a-v-y...feel like I worked out yesterday. maybe I should wear them more often!)

Neena and I are quite a bit alike, stubborn, smart, creative, like to eat and a bit messy (no, not me! actually, Neena is a whole lot tidier than I am...I've become quite the Oscar).

I like highschool so much better this time around! Homecoming is fun but frustrating (no I haven't any glitter, poster board, crepe paper but yes, I can make a giant bulldog for the bonfire out of newspaper and masking tape in under an hour).

But enough of that- today I go to the doctor and get my head-bump-thing removed (thank god. It hurts) then conference at Winston Salem until Sunday.... how am I ever going to survive without the manz? No man-made breakfasts and dinners, no hugs... cold motel sheets. Guess I am just going to drown my sorrows in Chinese food and cell phone conversations. You know, I still love to travel, but now I am loving home even better...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be it ever so humble..there is absolutely NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!
BS
and you and Charles together make it a wonderful Home...a sanctuary from the world.