Saturday, October 10, 2009

Yard Show!



Yard show! When I got home from school yesterday, the manz had it all set up- scare crows and pumpkins and spooky ghost... row of Frankenstein and skeleton lights, porch all a-glow last night.

Melissa is down for the weekend- we all went to the new Mexican restaurant for dinner then off to endless Wal-mart shopping (I had a huge list of things for school)...when we got home it was late, but the house was all lit up and spooky! It has been warm here, so we sat on the porch and Manz made blender-drinks... then we watched a movie, talked... was fun. Talked about art and ideas and school- today we are going to work on our presentations (though I figure that will be done while we are shopping...hum...yes, multitasking is an option) and it's Auction time tonight! (yay)!

You know, in the past few years- especially since moving from the beach- I've let the holidays slide away. No yard shows, no Christmas trees or Easter baskets- the only thing Grendel and I went out for was his birthday at the Highland Games. On holidays we usually ended up at the movies- which was fun, doing our own little thing- that's a memory as well- but the excitement/ anticipation/ creativity of the event was non-existent. I have that back in my life now, and I never realised how much I missed it (or maybe I did- but just didn't want to think about it). I love that I have someone to share it with, someone who likes to surprise me, who likes holidays and decorations and all the fuss- it makes life fun. It's worth the fuss to laugh on the porch and plan costumes for the doggs (In theory... not sure if they will tolerate costumes, or the costume contest...or that Max can show his new figure in public...he's become quite the little 'chubchub' as Mel says)...

No comments: