Saturday, March 13, 2010

Funny Bunny



Spring has sprung, and Turrello is in the mood as well as the rest of us. Yesterday I was trapped in Raleigh at endless stressful (very) meetings with the only saving factor being the leftover mansketti that was packed for my lunch (everyone else in my group had to settle for expensive boring state cafeteria food. Pale lettuce, pimento cheese sandwiches...) So- today I am no-way in the mood for homework, school work, DPI work or any kinda work (as is obvious by my lack of skill in washing dishes...I need to rewash them) . The manz and I went out this morning early to the stockyards, then we walked all over down town Wallace looking at vacant stores (dreaming) ...then walmart. I went all around our yarden photographing flowers- amazing, in just a week it went from nothing blooming to: daffodils, dandelions, crocuses, violets, bluets, sorrel, frogsmeade, forsythia and bridal veil. I couldn't resist picking a few daffodils- brought them inside and Turrello fell in love with them. He has a nose to equal Bear's- must be part bloodhound. He sat right up like a rabbit and sniffed, sniffed, sniffed at the flowers. Now they are in a bottle by the window- captivating because there are some ladybugs travelling around the inside window frame. Lady bug, lady bug fly away home...

It's moving from sunlight to shadows outside, promising rain but holding off. Auction this evening, and I have a million papers to grade along with homework (and those pesky dishes). Blah, blah, blah.

Just wanted to say to, that I haven't been a very good friend or sister lately- I rather have retreated into my shell, focusing on getting everything done (by the end of April! this state thing, first thesis defense is April 9th, National board is April 30) blah, blah, blah. That is no good excuse for neglecting you guys- you haven't neglected me, and I thank-you for the emails, calls and notes. I promise that there is light at the end of this tunnel- and I do love school, it's just like running a marathon right now- sometimes I run so hard I forget to breathe and sometimes I just screech to a total stop. And then sometimes I need a day like today, to space out and take pictures and enjoy the day with my beloved. And with my funny bunny kitty and the doggies...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not feeling neglected here in GC.
I know you are busy and now that you have a HOME and the LOVE OF YOUR LIFE...things change. Save Memorial Day weekend for us...come down and we will do BBQ and Bluegrass! Love you BS
Tell YBIL that YSIL says HEY