Thursday, March 18, 2010

Work in progress...


One of the things I have been working on for the studio part of my thesis. It is a digital mixed media- I took the photographs, manipulated them in photoshop, printed on silk, embroidered, took photos of that and a drawing, played with those in photoshop some more, printed on silk, used dye and colored pencils in areas, then began embroidering with floss and tiny beads. I'm using one strand and a beading needle- can only work on this so much before my eyes check out. (Yes, I have a good working lamp, it's just sewing with white thread and crystal- some pearl, that's easier).....
Anyway, got washed away for a few days this week, the DPI thing was due Tuesday (got it done) then work, then today it's 'curriculum fair' night so I will be here at school forever and ever and then some. Shouldn't complain, I'm just losing time, turn around and it's almost the end of March.
Happy Belated Birthday, by the way BS! We did get you on Facebook yesterday on time, and Charles wrote your birthday poem all by himself! Another year better, and I *can't wait* until Memorial day weekend... it's my carrot right now. run run run.
So, anyway, back to the art- art for thesis is not like art for home, or gifts or anything else... but I'm loving the process, I love photoshop, it's like painting. Intuitive, easy but takes much longer than you would expect. I am missing actual painting though, and looking forward to this summer where I can sit back, read a good book, indulge in a blender drink and paint on our porch. Hang out with the manz. Go on adventures. Play.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LS, you never cease to amaze me with your talent and knowledge....
yes, bluegrass and BBQ are the "carrot" before us ! Cant wait!
Love you and ybil!!!! BS