Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Treats!


The manz always knows how to make my day better. Even though he was feeling awful, he made breakfast this morning (yum!) and my lunch...tucked in a surprise of black jellybeans.
I love black jellybeans best of all....few people do (the manz, Melissa, Barbie, Daddy) but they have such a nice bite to the sweetness. Overall, I'm more of a fan of the old-school spicy jellybeans- licorice, vanilla (Mum's favorite), cinnamon, clove, mint, lemon- than the flat tasting cheapy fruit kind. The good fruity kind is nice- starburst and the like- but Grendel eats all of those. I do like Jelly Belly's (especially popcorn, sweet tea, coffee) and even some of the Harry Potter kind (grass and dirt are my favorites! go figure~)
Jellybeans are one of those things that lurk around all year, but are best eaten in the spring. A seasonal (fruit? vegetable? seed?) they form in colorful plastic eggs that hatch into sugary goodness. The proper way to eat the jellybean is to nibble off the outside (you do this by putting the whole thing in your mouth, otherwise your hands turn jelly-bean color) and then enjoy the squisky middle. mmmmm..... of course the black jellybeans turn your lips, tongue, teeth a lovely shade of zombie-gray.
Right now the sky is zombie gray and it is pelting down sklish- which is kinda thick slushy rain that is not quite ice, but wants to be. It's cold, I have class tonight, and all I can think about is hot tea and garlic bread. I could live on that sometimes.

No comments: