Monday, March 8, 2010

Rose Bowl


This is our latest find for the house- the manz spotted it at Angel's auction and stalked it until it came up. After a brief flurry of bidding, he won it- yay! It's big, beautiful and heavy- not marked but it must be ironstone. It's intended to go into the rose room, but for right now I'm enjoying it in the kitchen. I like the way the pattern and colors are the same as those in the little hooked rug- both are on the pumpkin cabinet from Headacher.
I love the old things, romantic things- not overly frilly, just beautiful. They suit our cottage and our style... one day I really hope that we can have a small shop, full of beautiful useful stuff. Right now we collect and plan-
Spring is back today- it is warm and sunny out and I am having a hard time concentrating on work. I just want to be outside playing in the yarden...maybe I'll take max for a dogg walk when I get home. I've been making stuff all day- nothing spectacular, just little things with the kids. A pastel drawing, a new hall pass, teaching them how to sew. It's only lunchtime, but I'm ready for a nap, a walk, a cup of tea with the manz. Just a few more hours~

No comments: