Monday, March 1, 2010

Mad March Hare!



Hellos all- I must explain my absence for the past few weeks. It was the end of winter, and I was bogged down in the sticky mud of Feburary- everything here has been brown and grey and covered in mud, cold... normally things that I am ok with, but with the combination of stress (work work work) and the cutting down of the little woods across from our house (to build a waste water pump station) I got kinda down in the doldrums. Nothing bad, just to the point where I was just mono-focused, feeling like nothing was being accomplished by me... tired, cold, wanting to just rest and eat and sleep. Which gets nothing much done, except adding to the bleah attitude- a self defeating cycle.

But sometimes those times of backwash are needed- I just hermited away (sorry I haven't been more social) and let the manz take care of me (he takes excellent care) and pushed along. Work. School. Pepper's Wedding- grendel came home for it, and it was beautiful- but I was feeling kinda blue, with the boys growing up and all. Charles is down with a horrid cold, then on Sunday- minutes before taking Grendel to Raleigh- the computer (Sophia) broke. Just refused to turn on- supposed she is having her time of doldrums as well.

But last night there was a rabbit moon- a beautiful bright rabbit moon to wish on for the changing of the seasons. Spring always begins for me on March 1, and with a new brightness and hopefulness for moving along. The air is cold still- we may have more snow tomorrow- but the forsythia in the back yard has a few blooms on it, and there is hope.

No comments: