Saturday, March 20, 2010

Our Road Show

Today is the first day of Spring, and the first anniversary of when Charles asked me out- at the estate auction in Warsaw. Never knew what he was getting into- but it's been a wonderful year. Who'da thought it would work out this way?
Today we went up to the stockyard area and set up our 'roadshow' of stuff to sell. We were there from about 8 to 1, and sold quite a bit- this photo was about 3/4 way through. I set up my easel and painted outside for the first time since moving from the beach 3 years ago- it was wonderful! I painted an old tobacco barn in spring-time- that's the painting above, not quite finished. There are daffodils and clouds, I still have some detail to do. A pretty simple painting really, but it felt so good just to have fun and paint and not worry about school, or clients, or anything but enjoying the day. Quite a few stopped and commented on it- makes me happy and the manz enjoyed that as well. (Especially when they bought stuff). This was our first step together towards that someday-store dream- it's going to come true and it's going to be grand!
Now I'm home, he's off replacing windows for the Polish-guy whose name I can't remember (Jak sie masz? it's the only Polish word I know) and I have school work to do (of course) BUT I want to butterfly around, clean a bit (it is Spring, you know) take Mr. Max for a walk (we both need it!) play. It's beautiful out, hard to stay inside, impossible to focus on computer stuff. So.....procrastination or priorities or what? I dunno, but I'm going to enjoy the day!

No comments: