Saturday, January 7, 2012

January Sunshine

Red Chairs outside the auction house- old photo.

This is not a recent photo- actually, it is a few years old.  But it has red chairs and sunshine, and today was one of those bright January southern days where the temperature is much to warm for winter and it feels like it should be spring- but it's not time yet, so everything gets a bit tired by the end of the day.  Like me.  I woke up full of ideas and creativity and energy- and spent some of it, made a bit of a thing, then had to nap.  When I nap it is long (always two hours) and a true deep sleep with heavy dreaming.  I was worried about sleeping so much- because I'm taking Ritalin now (which helps immensely with focusing) but it is supposed to keep you up.  They prescribe it for narcolepsy for heavens sake!  Yet, yet I am usually in bed before nine and sound asleep.  And if I am off during the day, I have my nap- if I am not off, I don't have it but stumble around brain dead for a bit.  I asked Dr. Lori about my sleeping so much- she thinks not to be worried because everything health wise tests fine (except I'm a bit heavy)- and it's not being physically tired (as in achy muscle tired) but just *sleepy*- it comes on in waves.  Her thought is that I exhaust myself rapidly mentally, because my mind is everywhere, and I'm multitasking, and I do brain-things very quickly- read, draw, create, type- so I just have to turn off and reboot every few hours like the old computers had to.  On the plus side of things, I am thinking up all sorts of wonderful things to do- which is good because all this excess brain stuff is being channeled into thinking/creating/learning/teaching instead of worrying/obsessing.   At least for the most part.

No comments: