Saturday, March 17, 2012

But I like it to! Happy Birthday BS!

     Happy Birthday Big Sista!  Today is Barbies birthday, and she is in Texas visiting Mother- which is exactly where she wanted to be.  Mother is so important to all of us, and we (both Barbie and I) have been roadblocked in getting to visit in the last year.  Have fun, and eat some cake/icecream for me!
     Sisters are complicated, in a good way.  In someways they are mirrors of ourselves, of who we would like to be, who we are.  They are mirrors of our families, experiencing a different time and history that overlaps but is distinct to them- that is one reason why we tell stories constantly when we are together.  We share our memories and that forms a new whole, one with facets and perspectives that we understand in new ways as we get older.  That helps us to learn, and grow, and empathize- recreate and understand our past, redefine our present, inform our future.  I love my sisters for who they are, and who they help me to be~ as the youngest, I always looked up to both of them (still do) and want to emulate different aspects of their lives.
    Barbie is special- she has a natural ease with people, an ability to empathize, to become part of every conversation.  She is spiritual and giving, loves to be of service to others, is kind but can be quite fierce when she needs to be.  Her spirit is bright and active, always shining with energy and clean white light.  I have never known someone to love so passionately, intensely, with such a focus and brilliance.  And it doesn't matter what she loves- her husband, pets, family, friends, religion, books, work, home, memories, cleaning- she loves it with all of her heart.  There is no half-way about it, and nothing can stand in her way~ 
     So, Happy Birthday BS!  I miss you- we haven't seen each other much, due to distance and circumstances and the way the world worked in this last year- but know that I hold you close in my heart, dream of you often, and always, always wish you well.  I am sending you an imaginary birthday feast so close your eyes, remember way-back-when, and think of sweet and sour pork over rice, frozen fruit salad, cake frosted like Irish Spring soap, creme de mint parfaits, and snow on the windows.
Love you!


No comments: