Monday, March 19, 2012

hand in heart

student print

Sometimes creativity has to go to ground and rest.  Yesterday, even though I had so very much to do, was one of those days- I simply could not stay awake.  I went back to bed soon after writing the blog, slept until noon, had a sandwich (thanks manz!) went back to bed, slept till almost 7, woke up for dinner and one episode of 'deep sea detectives' then back to bed until now.  And not a light sleep either, but one of those crashing the-house-could-burn-down-around-me type sleeps.  Solid, deep, highly textured dreams about a variety of things- dogs (Ruffian visited me! Yay!), driving down Old River Road on the way to the island, sea marshes full of birds and light, crumbly peanut-butter and chocolate breakfast bars that weren't as good as they looked (had that stale packaged taste to them), writing on a white board....and a few stress dreams- them moving my classroom into a doublewide that was old, did not have a working sink but had all the kitchen stuff and a moldy couch, no tables, no desks, no bathroom....no idea where to put students or my things.  And dreaming once again that they notified me of a mistake and that I would have to retake math in order for my college to count...and English I as well- which I was horrified at- I love to write and was so sure I passed it.  Relief this morning to wake up and know that I did! 
           And this morning it is time for coffee and yogurt and my neglected homework before todays workshop (DPI at Madboar...so a short drive and good lunch is ahead).  I am sure that is where my stress college dreams came from, have been neglecting those classes, finding it hard to get back into the rhythm after our trip.  And I am so ready for summer!
            Poor Mr. Owens misses me, I am sure.  I have been so away- and busy after school, late nights two days (Chorus concert and Registration) then off to Raleigh all day Saturday, and what do I do when I get home?  Sleep.  nothing but sleep- not the most liveliest of companions at all. This week should be better though, except I have the marathon trip to Winston on Friday unless he wants to come along- which would be fun if we spent the night then hit up the market in Raleigh on Saturday- might be a possibility if we are up for it.  It's the last of my meetings for awhile, and truthfully I am glad- I love going, going, going but I love to be home- and I'm ready for a rest.

No comments: