Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In progress

Studio in progress... when I *finally* got home yesterday, someone had been busy, busy all day...the ick carpet was up, and both layers of ugly ugly vinyl- up, hauled off and everything back...with a pile of excavated things that had fallen here and there. (Including a dead mousie, but he didn't save that...) Next step is to redo the floor, paint everything (him: color? me: white. him: trim? me: white. him: not even a little color? me: well, off-white is ok...him: am I gonna have to paint the floor white? me: NO...)

Seriously, (I love that word) seriously, the room is over-cluttered and not useful right now. I want to retain it's 'oldness' and charm, but get the artcrap organized and out of site... it is everyone's favorite room, we use it for the computer and tv and hanging out, making art and all of it. So we are trying to determine layout, what stays and what goes. The big desk (Poppy's desk) stays. Grendel's desk- his room. My leather chair stays. Recliner? needs it's foot fixed, and man needs a comfy chair. I need cabinets for storage. I don't really need a work 'surface' because I do art in chair while watching videos, or on the computer. If I'm doing a big painting it's outside on the easel.

What I want is a comfy room for everyone to work and play together.... I'm really liking together... : )

and the house needs a name. Suggestions?

No comments: