Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spam meets Tofu



Look what found it's way into my kitchen! Ewwww...boy food....ewwwww.... A few years ago there were these print ads for kitchen stuff (I can't find an example on the web) but they were based on the union of opposites. country + city. geek + fashion. etc. ... well, that's us. Spam + Tofu. Both of them can be sliced and pan-fried, one is healthy and the other is....spam. spam spam spam.

Slightly Pink Almost Meat. spam.

I blame it on him living in Hawaii, where apparently they are all addicted to spam and it is on the menu at every restaurant... they even have spam festivals. (oooOOooo who wants to be Spam Queen? pick me! pick me!) Or it might just be country-boy, or just simply boy-food. Along with fruit loops, mountain dew, oreos and other foods that cling to girl-butts just by looking at them. Not fair, not fair at all. He has ultra-high metabolism, can eat everything and anything in vast quantities while I nibble on my plain toast....

So we have a house with man-food (anything chocolate, spam, bacon, sweet tea, meat-based foods) boy-food (likes the fruit flavored, more bacon, cheese, more meat-based foods) and girl-food (bran cereal. plain yogurt. vegetables. fresh fruit. water. tofu) and...whose the fattest of them all? Yep. It would be me. not fair, not fair, not fair... but at least I won't die of scurvy.

No comments: