Monday, May 25, 2009

New-2-Me!


A stove! Yay! Now I can not-cook even though I have a stove! (well, it was a good excuse...) seriously, I love it. It is exactly what I wanted but cheaper! Yay! White/black Kennmore, flat surface (take *that* mice), oven, even a digital clock. Works like a charm.... Man worked his man-magic and talked to Lonnie Saturday, who happened to not only just have acquired this stove, but had it on his truck- they brought it home yesterday after work. Bliss. and a substantial savings!
Today- and I almost posted another photo for this, but I'll save that for tomorrow- is the great and terrible removal of the narsty brown carpet in the studio that I have been wanting rid of forever, and ever and ever. It reeks of dogg (which I blame mostly on Ruffian...and Jezebelle) I've cleaned it a billion times, without success. sigh. And I want to rearrange the studio, create built-in type cabinets etc... this is the first scary step to that. Everything out, carpet gone, then the great and terrible repositioning of furniture. Bookcase into guest room, where it is supposed to go.... I want to use my proper desk (Poppy's desk) for the computer- Grendel's black desk can go...Where? dunno. Charles is going to run the computer line into the boy's room, so it could go in there, get rid of the white desk.... I vaguely worry that 'oh, he won't want to be isolated from us when playing his games' but truth be told, he is probably going to do back-flips for some alone time after being forced to be room-mate friendly for months....
Seriously, (that word again!) the studio has become cluttered with stuff and I want to open it out some. It's everyone's favorite room, and it needs to be comfortable and workable at the same time- I want to make the guest room into a guest room/magic room for all my books and bottles of stuff. I want the studio to be able to be organized, neat, yet have my art stuff accessible. Comfortable for watching videos or computer-tv, but still my work area for school, making art. I want to keep the shabby-chic cottage look (and is there a real danger of losing that?....uh, no, not when everything I have comes from yard sales).

No comments: