Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Manz


This is Charles. He hates having his picture taken, but he loves me. I'm going to keep him. (yes, I know, I know...I've been flipping all over the place like a pingpong ball in a windstorm.) I set all these boundaries, tried really, really hard to play by the rules and follow my head instead of my heart.
Then we ran into each other at Wal-mart last night, ended up sitting in the parking lot talking for four hours. (We weren't the only ones... apparently Wal-mart parking lot is a popular place for couples to talk, friends to hang out and people who can't drive) we talked about everything we could think of, all the whys and why nots, all the practical sensible stuff like bills and chores and food... we talked about families and friends, the doggs, Grendel and what we want to do with the rest of our lives. We talked about being opposites but very similar and the challenges and opportunities that might incur. All of those things, all the corners, nooks and crannies that need explored. I talked about my huge resistance to change and fear of losing independence, he talked about learning how to trust someone again. Lots of words, lots of everything...
We decided to give it a go. We are going to try it for a year and a day, and see what happens. If we don't try, we will never know~ two steps forward, one step back. Easing into something new, one day at a time. Wish us well.

No comments: