Sunday, May 3, 2009

MayDay

I *did* celebrate on May Day- despite the mouse issues (btw the stove is now outside and *still* oozing puddles of ick. I swear vultures are circling my house....)

Anyway, Mayday and I cleaned out my hearth, got out my new cauldron (I *finally* have one! It is new...a 'stewpot'... but it is cast iron, heavy and just the perfect size for my fireplace. Suits my witchy image well). I filled it with flowers from the yarden- I was amazed at how many things I have in bloom right now- so for fun, a list:

Roses: red, yellow, pink, Iris: the purple, and a dark burgundy, Mock Orange, Honeysuckle, Phlox, Carnations, Freesia, Buttercups, Wood sorrel, Shamrock, Black Medic, White Clover, Spider wort, Lady Baltimore, White violets, Rosemary, Fleabane, Azaleas, Datura, Wisteria, skull cap and blue-eyed grass. Abundance.

Candles: pink for love (I keep hoping) green for prosperity, white for clarity. Pink salt, white salt, gold magnetic powder, pink concha from the bakery and sweet muscadine wine from the vineyard. A sweetening jar with honey and rosehips, wishes written on pink paper. Beautiful, happy spring!

These little personal rituals mark the seasons, is my way of saying thankyou to the world for all of its abundance, for asking for what I need, would like to have. Clarity to see clearly, to not be blinded by illusions of what people think I should be- but to see clearly what I am. Love because I do want love- of an equal, without being second-guessed by everyone and everything, love without conditions or restrictions, love with accompanying freedom to be myself and recognition of the other as themselves. Prosperity for the material world, so that I can make-do, have enough to help others, keep the house from tumbling down, go on adventures. Prosperity not just in money, but in thought and kindness, deed and action- good spreading to all.

No comments: